Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life and Death!

Life! What is life? Well according to American Heritage Dictionary it is define as" the interval of time between birth and death". But life can mean anything depends on how you look at it. To me life means more than just living and breathing, it is about a purpose to live. Knowing why you want to live. Most people don't know why they alive. I believe that everyone was put on Earth for a reason whether they know it or not. My purpose in life is to help others and i try to do that everyday that i live. That is one of the main reason why i want to be a nurse or it might be as simple as just listening to someone. You won't believe the difference you can make in someone life if you would just take the time to listen to them. I also helped by volunteering at the hospital.
I also have goals that i want to accomplish. I put them as a priority in my life. One of them is to be successful so i try to be the best i can be in everything i do.
Life to me is knowing what's important to you and cherish it everyday that you live.

2 comments:

Dr. K. said...

I enjoyed your discussion about life and death. We often use those terms without considering their significance. We keep death at bay (pretending it will not happen to us)--until it does--and only then (often) do we more fully appreciate life in the way that you describe. Life is . . .? What does it mean? How do we define it? Why do we take it for granted? How can we live a more fully conscious life?

by: Annarely said...

You are so correct, Jennifer! If only people listened more. To think all the trouble it would save if instead of trying to be heard all the time, people would just be quiet and listened! So many misunderstandings would be prevented.